Preventing & Protecting Against Workplace Violence
and Armed Assailants
According to statistics gathered by the Brady Campaign from 2011-2015, each year in America, 35,141 people die from gun violence. Learning about prevention methods and safety tips could be life-saving. MMA’s upcoming seminar is designed to:
- Help businesses, schools, organizations and individuals learn how to coordinate and conduct their own vulnerability assessments and response planning.
- Provide necessary tools to use for developing comprehensive security surveys.
- Demonstrate how to identify and report suspicious activities, which are reasonably indicative of pre-operational planning related to terrorism or other criminal activity.
- Provide a number of online training tools to help you better identify and manage your own programs and training.
Topics to be covered include:
- Hometown Security: Connect, Plan, Train, Report.
- K-12 School Security: Preventing and Protecting Against Gun Violence Self-Assessment Tool.
- Strategies for Gun Violence Prevention, Protection, Mitigation, Response, and Recovery.
- Valuable Resources.
Protective Security Advisor, Region IX, San Diego District
Cyber Security and Infrastructure Security Agency
Approved for 2 HRCI general credits. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Approved for 2 SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Professional Development Credits (PDCs). MMA is recognized by SHRM to offer PDCs for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.